| $ 99Tully River Sports Rafting from Mission Beach or Self Drive Cairns
Special Expires 31 Mar 2021
About Wildside Adventures Tully River Sports Rafting
Tully River Sports Rafting from Mission Beach or Self Drive Cairns
Experience the thrill of Wild White Water rafting in your own Sports Raft on a Full or Half Day tour in Far North Queensland.
Take a paddle on the wildside in your own self-steered Sports Raft. An unforgettable experience of fun, adrenaline and laughter awaits as you navigate through grade 2 and 3 rapids of the stunning Tully River, fringed by the oldest rainforests in the world.
Under the instruction of our expert guides you will emerge as a victorious Wildside ‘White Water Warrior’ with memories to last a life time.
What makes it great?
- Half-day or Full-day rafting trip on the Tully River, from Cairns or Mission Beach
- Look for wildlife in an ancient rain forest that is part of a World Heritage site
- Suitable for beginning and experienced rafting participants
- Includes all rafting gear and instruction
- All equipment hire: raft, helmet, paddle, life jacket.
- Rapid grades 2,3
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Mission Beach
- FREE BEER or soft drink!
- Lunch – Fresh salad, roast meat wraps and condiments (Full day tour only)
Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns - we can arrange for a hire car on your behalf for additional fee.
Departure times & locations
- We pick you up from your accommodation anywhere in Mission Beach, Bingil Bay, Wongaling Beach, South Mission beach or Tully. You can also meet us as the Tully River start point if you prefer.
- Half Day Tour: 8:00am or 12:00pm start. Pick-up Mission Beach – 9am. If you self drive from Cairns you must leave by 7am.
- Full Day Tour: Pick-up from Mission Beach 9am. If you self drive from Cairns you must leave by 7am. Return Mission Beach 5.00pm.
Your Day at a glance
- Your tour begins with a pick-up from your accommodation at Mission Beach, you’ll meet your experienced wild guides for the day with introductions and big smiles
- A 45 minute informative drive from the beach (or Tully) along the beautiful winding Tully Gorge Road into World Heritage National Park and Rainforests to the Tully Gorge Rec park. If you are lucky you may see a Cassowary along the way.
- Change rooms and toilets are available at the Rec park. Here we unload the rafts, kit you up and talk you through some handy rafting instruction before pairing you up in your rafts. If you are confident and there are enough rafts we’ll even let you go on your own!
- We enter the Tully river in a beautiful calm section of the Gorge. Here our expert guides will show you everything you need to know to become a ‘White water warrior.’ When we are all happy….the fun begins….
- We start off with our ‘practice rapid’. A nice span of small rapids to let you practice your paddling and turns and give you a feel for the water, your raft and for things to come. Our guides will be with you every step of the way – showing you the best way to go and what to look out for.
- Rapids get a little bigger and trickier, you’ll watch the water currents, dodge rocks, steer your raft to take the rapids head on, crash through a wall of foaming water, and emerge drenched but euphoric at the feeling of the conquest, and eager for more. With each rapid comes more confidence, more control and more excitement.
- By the time we load the rafts onto the trailer, the grin on your face may have relaxed enough to wrap your lips around a nice cold beer.
- Change into some dry clothes, jump on the bus and relax for your cruisy ride back.
What to bring:
- Change of clothes (wet set/dry set)
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Baseball cap to fit under your helmet
- Sunscreen (don’t apply to forehead and back of legs)
- Water proof Camera
- Enclosed footwear or sandals
- Waiver of liability to be signed before participation
- Your Go pro (we have mounts on some helmets so make sure you have the correct attachment for your go pro)
Travelling with children:
Minimum age is 6 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Tully River Sports Rafting from Mission Beach or Self Drive Cairns. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Wildside Adventures:
Wildside Adventures is a white water rafting and adventure tourism company located in Mission Beach, near Cairns in Australia. The Cairns Region has some of the best whitewater rafting in the country. Wildside Adventures ensures to give you a thrill to remember, offering exhilarating rides through the great rapids of the Tully river on its special 2 person sports rafts. At Wildside Adventures, we have a friendly, professional and funny staff to make your trip even more worthwhile. Book a trip with us today.
Wildside Adventures Tully River Sports Rafting Reviews
Angela van Wyk
Wildside Adventures Tully River Sports Rafting
We pick you up from your accommodation anywhere in Mission Beach, Bingil Bay, Wongaling Beach, South Mission beach or Tully. You can also meet us as the Tully River start point if you prefer. Half Day Tour: 8:00am or 12:00pm start. Pick-up Mission Beach – 9am. If you self drive from Cairns you must leave by 7am. Full Day Tour: Pick-up from Mission Beach 9am. If you self drive from Cairns you must leave by 7am. Return Mission Beach 5.00pm.